today...hmm - my highlight would be....either talking to ruth at dinner - super funny girl in sop or talking to juan on facebook chat late at night. Oh how good topics always happen late - that's when you really get serious - or the complete opposite - hilarious. A great combination.
A lowlight of the day would be....I guess maybe prepping my lesson plan. I love it but I just wish I could be outside soaking up the sun, not inside figuring out how I will teach past continuous. But I love the students and once I get into the classroom all is forgotten. I do have to figure out how to help the students understand me and what I'm saying. Sometimes I explain activities and most of them know what to do but there's always one - the one that can speak probably the best English, that is stumped. I end up explaining it more in depth to this student and it comes eventually but I hope that this gets better - I don't really understand it but I guess she excels more in speaking just like the other students excel more in reading, writing etc. Interesting though, to see how different students study, understand etc.
Well, there you go. Light into a bit of my thinking about English and my students.
No comments:
Post a Comment