So today as most people were out camping and hitchhiking around the island - we decided to go to Borders. Who's a fan?
Well, turns out Borders is a glorified bookstore - a store where you don't have to buy the books and they even promote that. You can just look around, find a book, sit in and read it for the day and put it back on the shelf. It's a selling tactic I guess - perhaps after you've finished the book you may want to give back to the author in some way by buying it or something - I'm not sure the reasoning for allowing it, but it's sweet.
We perused through all the many books, got a great frappuccino like beverage and just read books. Most of the people that we went with read photography magazines - I on the other hand was intrigued with quite a number of books but wanted to actually read them, so I wrote them down - in hopes of coming back and buying them...
I did stop and read Kat Von D's autobiography of sorts - I got a glimpse of what some of her tattoos meant but mostly wanted a pic of her drawing of sparrows. Super cool, I thought - and perhaps a bit of inspiration for a future tattoo ... or to add to an existing idea.
Now don't you all be stealing this...I mean I may but no one else ok...
Here's some shots of Dust and I - after realizing that we probably shouldn't have taken pictures of things in books:


1 comment:
beautiful wonderful post!!!
Post a Comment