So we have moved into our apartment - perhaps we'll give you a visual tour via youtube. Every night we have been busy meeting new people and eating out, taking taxi's and attempting to speak tashelhiyt which isn't moroccan arabic, the language that i learnt in Fes. Andy & Kathy, originally from New York but now from 1 1/2 north of Agadir, and Chris & Kat, from Marrakech, came down for the New Year - and to spend a weekend at the beach. One of the evenings we hung out with another couple who lives in Fes and have been workers here for years and then the two teams that are staying in Agadir - one from Scotland and one from Korea. I thought I would give out a map so you can all see where we are at - and Marrakech is 4 hours away, meaning that Fes, well is about 10 hours past Marrakech. The great thing is though, we will be heading up to Ein Leuh, north of Fes at the end of February to VOH, the orphanage we visited when I was in Fes before.
So New Years Eve we got to spend with the two teams and we ate lasagna, played games - mad gab is a hit here, and prayed - it was interesting but full of blessings.
Dust's job starts tomorrow - a team from Germany arrives and he's gonna sit through the orientation and assist Robbie, the Agadir head of teams that come in - he's a young guy, Dust and him really get along so it'll be good. Turns out that the school is still being built a bit so teaching will start the middle of January - in the meantime though, there are three koreans living in agadir and are taking regular english classes from anne, an older lady that lives above George - so I'll most likely help with that.
Monday, January 1, 2007
Happy New Year - bzzzz, bzzzz(the noise maker)!!
Posted by
dustin and cherry
at
5:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy New Year! Wow it sounds like you guys are having a good time...and eating pretty good too! so Mad Gab eh? I am not so good at that game. The only one I have ever gotten was AOL dot com. Funny eh? Ok well I am thinking about you guys and I would love some pictures!!!!
Love Juanita
juanita - so good to hear from you - you really must get ahold of some mad gab, i have a feeling you would laugh a whole lot. Hope you had a great christmas! Things are really getting started over here but i really must tow my camera around a lot more. I have this camera phobia - i don't want to look like a tourist but i guess i already do so what the heck.
Talk to you soon, love you! Say hello to the rest of the girls - and Aaron.
Happy New Year Dustin & Cherry!! it's great to hear that you're doing well. Dustin, you're missing some amazing snow, it's a beautiful winter wonderland. I've started to do respite work with a 13 yr. old girl, it's been good, but am glad for a 4 day break now, will do another 4 days this wknd. Ken's not happy about me being gone so long.
Cherry, Ken bought me a Rosie Thomas CD, I love it & think of you two often as I listen to it, will have to be my reminder to pray music.Continue the good work, we'll be praying for you.
Love,
your Niv. parents (hope the real ones aren't jealous!!!)
Post a Comment