Friday, January 11, 2008

Summary post-y

So its been oh like 5 months since I've last posted but I recently got inspired by a crazy blogger friend. I'm not sure who actually goes around and reads other people's blogs because for the most part no one really updates or just rambles online anymore, at least within my friend group. But just because no one's reading doesn't mean I can't write. So here I am - on Friday morning. It's 11 am and I've got to work at 3pm so for me there's not much time to get ready, clean some dishes and catch the bus but life hasn't always been so dismal. ( but just to satisfy the crowds I'm going to start talking normal, no dramatic story-telling) Well Dust and I have travelled a bit since Morocco. We headed to the West Coast and visited some friends along the way that live in Calgary and in Abbotsford. It was so nice to be taken in by your friends that you haven't in months maybe years and they not think anything about it - also the conversation just travels even though there has been that gap - I love having friends like that. We headed to Portland to visit my bro and sister in law. We basically hung out around the house and the city as they are hardcore hikers but dust and I - not so much. So we went to the famous Burnside Bridge Skatepark and went to Donald Miller's church - which happens to be my N & M's church as well. We just hung out and went to see a movie, watched one inside, played a few games and ate some moroccan food in the very cultured city of Portland. It was all around really fun and heartwarming, if I must say, since it was the first time that Dustin has hung out man to man with my brother. Since that trip we've been planted a bit more, in our hearts we want to go, but we must stay to save up for our next excursion. The last big buzz was Christmas of course. Ours was full of family, work, sleep, driving, family and work. It was crazy, the most crazy out of the 2 that we've had so far but it was also rejuvenating. N & M came out from Portland and it was great - we had some fear that they may not make it but they did and it was just like normal - N getting all crazy about sodium intake and making sure we're eating right and M just relaxing and laughing. It was great family time. Amidst our work schedule we did get two days off to spend with them and a few evenings in between and it was great. We also spent time with Dustin's family and ate so much food its not healthy but it was really a stepping stone - Christmas was - in the Wiebe family - we got to enjoy eachother through games and eating and we got to just open up a bit. Since Christmas Dust and I have of course, gotten back into the work mode but exciting for us we have a destination in mind. Dustin has been accepted into a photography school that starts Jan. 09 - and its in Kona, HAWAII... very exciting. I will hopefully be alongside teaching English helping staff on of the other schools that go on at that university. I've also gotten back into cooking - I love looking at recipes and colllecting up the best of recipe books but in the last year I have rarely been making these yummy meals but we're trying to start - to save money and eat healthier....we'll see how long the push lasts.

No comments: