Summer has faded to Fall (even though we may not want to admit it) and Dustin and I are slowly trying to get things together for our next little phase. I, of course, am extremely anxious to just get moving again. Basically once everything is confirmed and all we are waiting for is time then I just want to pack in hopes that time will pass by quicker. I have started a term position at Providence College as an Admissions Counsellor. It's been a great experience for me and I love the change of pace. There have been a few tiny struggles because I am dealing with people in a different way than before, at Starbucks. But the job in general has been a great change and in the end I'm where I want to be - at Prov. For some reason, Prov just brings peace. I'm not exactly sure why but Fall is one of the reasons I do know. My special little walk that I always took when I was a student is especially beautiful in the fall and it really makes me realize the importance of the little things. I've been thinking how we loose focus of why we have friends and family. They are there to keep you standing and to comfort, protect, encourage, laugh with and the list goes on and on. I recently saw my grandmother and she always brings a ray of sunshine with her - I of course don't always see her shining and even sometimes when I'm not that happy, I want to cover all that sunshine up with the clouds and darkness I feel at that time. I know that this random analogy of sorts is cheesy but I really want to keep the friends that I have, cherish them and build on it. Even though we come and go our friends still remain close to our hearts.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment