Wednesday was a big day for us - we got to head off of campus with the SOP and we went to Waikoloa Resort - the Hilton Hotel. It's quite mind boggling - I don't know, I'm poor - we don't head to resorts like this so seeing one up close and personal was a bit shocking. I know it sounds crazy but so many people that just throw their money away on vacations for months and months some. The resort was crazy extravagant. It was kind of like walking into a resort in the middle of Morocco - I personally, don't want to be seen there because people usually just come there to use and abuse - and not to see the actual country or people that are surrounding them. So that's how I felt - a bit confused and perhaps out of place.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Waikoloa Resort
There were some cool things though, I will have to admit. Super beautiful, crazy amounts of money put into a train around the hotel grounds, a boat ride around the area, their own dolphins, tons of pools and suntanning areas and lots of great food. I got some crazy shots of sea turtles - they were just hanging out in the water around my feet. One's in the water, one's on land.
Posted by
dustin and cherry
at
7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment