So bowling...yeah, the sha-bang. Got 90 the first game and probably around 30 the next game. Turns out I need to do some muscular training because after the first game my arm and wrist were kaput. So yeah, a blast nonetheless.
Watched the office when we got back though - hilarious and quite disturbing all in one.
Saturday Dustin was busy working in the kitchen and then doing his photo story so I went with some peeps from the SOP to the beach. We hitchhiked up there - it was only like a 20 min. drive but we of course don't have a car so we hitched. It took quite awhile to get picked up but the people that took us brought us all the way there - super cool. The people though, weren't as cool - they had open beer in the truck, drinking away, supposedly that is just common in Hawai'i. Once we turned off onto the lava road (not dirt road) to the beach they cracked open the rest of their liquor and weed to get them the rest of the way. Quite mindblowing, to say the least.
We departed ways though once we got there and enjoyed an hour on the beach before we had to head back for the second half of the kitchen duty. On the way back, I was lucky and got a ride with some ywamers that were at a beach nearby. All in all, my first hitchhiking experience was a good one.
Sunday I slept in - missed waffles which were really eggo's toasted and stayed in bed for the morning reading. For lunch we headed to Pizza Hut where we got lunch for $7 each - quite the save!! After that Dustin and I headed up to Ross - the 'Winners' of the US and saved some big bucks there. I got a pair of jeans for $10 and a t-shirt for $5...so really pumped about that.
Besides the possible excitement of this evening, that was our weekend. Tomorrow we have a later start because of Presidents' Day but back to the grind - quiz day tomorrow but also the first day of classes with a permanent helper in my class - very excited about that.
(a TESOL student, which has now completed his 6 weeks, is sticking around for the rest of the quarter and going to help out in my class - which allows me to go on trips with Dust and the SOP - super exciting!!)
1 comment:
I LOVE Ross "dress for less". I bought three dresses in Seattle last year when I went to visit a friend!
sjp
Post a Comment