As Dustin left me to go do his kitchen duty and I headed up the hill to K-mart and Macy's, I thought about this statement.
Dustin and I have relied so heavily on vehicles or some sort of wheels to get us around but it's funny, whenever we head to a different country we opt to walk instead of driving, like we would at 'home'.
Walking, for me, brings so many good feelings. First of all, just the physical fitness aspect - how you are using those precious legs instead of them just sitting there and you're getting a workout but an enjoyable one. Second of all though, I think about the freedom to roam wherever you want to. We can take shortcuts through fields, through forests, through sprinklers, through thick and thin. It also reminds me of so many other walking moments - when I've walked out late at night and there's a freshness and crisp breeze and your mind just wanders to the things of the day or the people looking down from above...because of these feelings, the path at prov will never be tainted by the supposed name "bridal path", to me it is the path that brings together all of these feelings.
You know, I'm so glad that all of us, the SOP crew, don't have cars. There is no question how we are going to get there. There's no "awww....man, we got to walk..." We just know, if we want to go somewhere, we're going to have to walk there. It's just frees up your mind to enjoy the rest of life - no need to worry how you will get there.
I love walking - props to that part of the brain (and to God) that allows us to learn that skill when we are babies - cause man, that is one of the most useful skills we'll learn, I think.
1 comment:
Deep thoughts, Cherry!:)
Post a Comment