Wednesday, April 15, 2009

So I realized that I may be talking to just myself but you know what, it doesn't matter anymore - at least I'm trying.

So I woke up on sunday night or rather monday morning with something crawling or landing on me.  Yep, a giant cockroach was flying around and landing on me.  I thought I may be dreaming it up and woke dustin up to check.  I of course, jumped out of bed and shook out all of my blankets and clothes thinking just maybe it flew down my shirt or something - you know, when you freak out about something, you think all crazy.  Anyways, Dustin thought I was crazy until I look at the floor at the end of our bed - and without any glasses or contacts in - I saw this huge black blob moving along the floor.  As I said it, Dustin jumped out of bed and hit it with his hand so that it wouldn't crawl under our bed - never to be seen again.  To describe the size - you know on the toonie, how there's the gold inside and then a silver circle around it - think of adding two or three more circles to the outside and then squishing it into an oval - that was the size. 
Dustin may not agree with me but that's what I saw - and I didn't even really see it because I couldn't...but I swear that's how it looked.  
Anyways, I was up for a good 2 hours after that thinking there would be another one or something - so that allowed me to come up with a size for you - I was replaying the image all night.
Yep, I wouldn't suggest spraying pesticides if you may have a vermit problem - cause turns out that just makes it worse.  We never saw big roaches like that in our room before and then they came to spray - and there they were - most were dead already but still ----gosh.... gross!

2 comments:

Bryan said...

oh, you're not just talking to yourself. Although I have to admit my favorite part of your blogs are trying to guess whether or not you'll use the word "gosh." Thanks for not disappointing me.

Lindsey said...

cherry, i know how you feel! completely! i've woken up to one on my face before. and i certainly did not sleep for the rest of the night! soooo gross!