Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh old things...they never kick the bucket...

So something strange.  Dustin's family came a couple weeks ago, we went to the beach and came home, emptied the bag and left his ipod in there - later, shaking it out over the railing and allowing the ipod to fall two floors.  Well, we brought it inside - Dustin's baby before we got the computer and his camera, and we tried to turn it on.  That didn't work so I plugged it into the computer...still didn't go on.  Dustin tried to reset it, that didn't work ... the ipod mini had had its day.

So we thought.
Well, the other day, I was thinking, I should use that new program of retrieving your tunes from your ipod and putting them on the new computer.  (Since our music was lost before we left for HI)  Anyways, I hooked mine up and it worked so well.  I thought, hmm, I should just try Dustin's - maybe it'll randomly start up again.  I started by pressing a whole bunch of buttons together - I mean, it was dead like the last minutes of "old yeller" dead.  Nothing happened.
Then all the sudden the battery light came on...it shows a battery on the screen and usually moves a dial across showing its charging but it wasn't moving.  I thought, hey, at least its showing something on the screen.  I pressed two buttons, it turned off.  I was like, what the heck - this old thing has like 20 lives.  So I plugged it into our external speaker - all the sudden it shows the apple...then it boots up to the main screen...I am like, God, you're crazy!
So it works!
I immediately took the music off of it and on to our computer - in case, it goes into a comatose state again...so strange though.  God was saving us some money and when we least expected it.

1 comment:

crredding said...

I love you guys :)