So our ESL department is heading off on our last event for a little while - we are going to hit the books hard starting next monday so tomorrow we will be spending the day at the beach as a somewhat calm before the storm. I'm quite excited - we'll be driving around an hour to get to this beach which is supposedly quite nice - we'll have to see but we'll be having chicken and potato salad for lunch - compliments of kfc or something like it - so that's really what I'm excited about. The cafeteria food is getting a little old already, I know, I'm complaining and we've only been here for a week but we have the same food just made in a different way for around 2 days in a row and then finally we get semi-fresh food for one meal and then its re-used again for 2 days and so on. Each morning we have hard boiled or soft boiled eggs - they get reused each day so they get a bit stale...we also have yogurt which sometimes has lumps in it because its old and our milk is always sitting right on the expiry date...but that's ywam. At least we're getting fed and the food is probably way better then just serving right from when they get it so yes, I need to and am thankful. But crispy chicken....mmmmmm.....
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Beach time
So I'll have to post pics of this beach - I'm just pumped to get a little crisp too...well, not in a bad way but getting a bit brown and also seeing more of the island - man, there are so many cool things we could see.
Ok well, I've got to go but I'll leave you with our cell number - we do pay/minute and text so perhaps you'll have to text before you call or email telling us when you might call because we may not pick up if its a foreign number because we don't want to pay - stingy, I know.
So it's 808-936-3598. And just to reiterate - there are rooms and bunks available for people that want to come and visit...please think about it because that would give us another reason to see more of the island....ha!
Posted by
dustin and cherry
at
9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
not going to lie, those extra bunk bed, weather, the island all sound like reasons for me to come visit! and also you to see you two crazy cats!
not going to lie bunk beds, the weather, the island all sounds like reasons for me to come visit! oh.. and also to see you two crazy cats! sounds like u two are having a blast!
oooo cherry, the beach sounds so wonderful. i can hardly imagine it, it's so cold here! although, i do have to say i am not so envious of the food.
Post a Comment