Today, we had a big hour of worship as a base - very cool. This happens each monday morning and it really is quite uniting. We all then headed to class - Dustin his first ministry day as SOP and I to my testing. We spent all day testing students - it took quite awhile putting them in their classes but we figured it out and turns out I will be teaching the advanced level - higher than I thought but it will be quite fun. I will have 8 students - a few less then suspected but we ended up making more levels then we originally thought since the students were so spread apart in their English language.
This evening I was invited to a students' room to have Thai noodles - hot and spicy but great. She also made me coffee the camping way - a filter, some grinds, and hot water sifted through...good stuff. We kind of have to live a bit ghetto - firstly, because we want to save money but also, there's really not point in buying like a coffee maker etc for only 3/6 months, depending on how long students' stay.
Anyways, I've been distracting enough - its hilarious to be around people from totally different places - well, these guys aren't from 'all' over but two people from the UK, three from the US and nelson and us makes up for a funny crowd.
1 comment:
congrats cher on your advanced class! i hope dust doesn't get jealous of all your free time now when he's working on his assignments!! :) love you guys!
Post a Comment