So I'm sure everyone is wondering what state of mind I was in while writing the last 'aleve' post. To tell you the absolute truth I'm fine - I just posted that last one and I'm instantly switching to a more serious topic.
I was thinking about some of the things that are going on at home - mostly dealing with work stuff but it's been a bit discouraging. This world seems to be falling apart one person at a time and it's getting frustrating. To tell you the truth (sorry for all those people that might think this is directed to them) it bothers me immensely when people think that the marriage commitment is an optional thing. I know that words don't mean much anymore but doesn't the proof of a ring or the love that was shown before the marriage mean anything?
So as I was thinking about all the destruction and satan's evil plans coming into fulfillment, these words came to me:
"Lord, your will be done, your kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven"
I had to think for awhile where that came from - of course it's a biblical thing but I was like oh yeah, the Lord's Prayer. Isn't that kind of cool that we 'older' generation kids got to have that engrained in our minds? Seriously, it's always good to have things, especially biblical things, memorized and sometimes you don't know how vast your memory actually goes... you know.
So I felt a bit of a peace today because you know, God is in control no matter if we let him or not - he has a plan, a purpose and I, want his will to be done here on earth just like it is being fulfilled in heaven.
Thank-you Jesus.
1 comment:
Amen. You are bang on.
Really appreciate your blog posts -- both the serious and the not so serious.
Post a Comment