So things have gone a little bit back to 'normal'...
Have 4 units left to teach my students and have about 2 weeks left to do that. Really pushing to get it done but we'll see, in the end, the students just want to learn so there isn't really any point in pushing if their not catching on.
Dustin is in the midst of his final project - 60 pictures ranging from around 25 different kinds.
It's quite the task but he's getting it done slowly but surely. After this project is finished he then has to pick 6 pictures for the exhibit which is on the 20th, if anyone wants to come out. This exhibit will be showing all of the students' work, that is why it's such a small amount from each student but it will be a great show of how much the students have learned. I'm quite excited.
Other than that, we have really been trying to figure out what we will be doing next quarter - starting in April. Dustin has completed his application form to be on staff next quarter but we aren't clear on what position he will be in. I have decided to teach next quarter. The leader and I have talked a bit and it will be definitely different than this past quarter but if anything, I will learn more through it. I will be doing a lot more stuff - more busy. I will be teaching in the morning to my own class, then teaching most afternoons as there aren't many guest speakers planned or the school leader isn't going to take that job. So this will be more difficult but I really want to get on some of my lesson plans sooner rather than later and then I'll have a better plan as to what it will look like.
The unfortunate thing though, is the school leader also wants all of us teachers, doing the afternoon classes, to make secure lesson plans so that they can be used in the following years as there hasn't been really a structure made for each quarter. SO this will be an added task - to make my lesson plans complete to use later on but we'll have to see how it all works out.
Not too pumped on that right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment